The Gray Man of Pawleys Island, SC

This "legend" is truly amazing and so is the evidence of it being all too real that you can see below! I truly believe that this is real evidence of The Gray Man of Pawleys Island, South Carolina. It's one of those things that I can feel in my spirit. 

Were there sightings of The Gray Man of Pawleys Island before or during Hurricane Ian? Please contact me and let me know! 

This is technically a legend but it's not a myth or just a story. This ghost is very famous for a good reason. He actually shows up. People throughout the ages since 1822 have seen him and reported about him to others. Myths do not get reported. There is growing evidence, physical, tangible, evidence of his actual existence. Also, myths are not tweeted about and posted about and talked about by news agencies and meteorologists; especially not with the photos of his "alleged ghostly form," which is exactly what meteorologist Ed Piotrowski did as the monstrous Hurricane Ian approached the South Carolina coast back in mid-September 2022. The Gray man has been reported to have been seen in 1822 for the first time documented. He has been seen in Hurricane Matthew, Hurricane Florence, Hurricane Hazel, Hurricane Hugo, and probably some that I've not yet seen in my research. The last sightings were in Hurricane Ian, which was only around two to three weeks ago.

In 1954 he is reported to have knocked on the door of a newly married couple honeymooning on Pawleys Island. In this case, he told them to leave the island due to an approaching deadly storm. Despite clear skies that day, the couple heeded the stranger's warning and left the island. Within days Hurricane Hazel brought her deadly and destructive fury to the island. Read the full story here.


I think that I'm an optimal candidate to watch for and report on Gray Man sightings because I'm not only a Paranormal Researcher but also a veteran SkyWarn Storm Spotter. I started looking for evidence of him before Hurricane Ian even began to make its way up the South Carolina coast. People on the coast of South Carolina want to see his ghostly figure because if you see him your house will be safe from the approaching storm.



The Gray Man's story told by me through his eyes 👀:

I was a general in the Confederate army. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard that General Lee had surrendered to General Grant, but I guess it was invatable. The losses were great and the spirits were low. I had arrived at the Village of Appomattox Courthouse bright and early thinking, well what are we going to do now? My body servant was with me as he was wherever I went. He was a free man now because President Lincoln had signed the Emancipation Proclamation legally freeing all slaves, but he was more than a slave, he was my friend and he stayed with me even though he was no longer bound to me. There was a love between us that it's not easy to explain but he was the best friend I've ever had. He was a free man now, is worth repeating.

It was dawn and fog was on the ground. Yes, Virginia sure is beautiful country. To me there's nothing like the Southern States in the beautiful foggy mornings. It was true. General Robert E. Lee was indeed surrendering to General Ulysses S. Grant. Problem was the courthouse wasn't open that morning because it was on a Sunday. We headed to an estate just next door on by Wilmer McLean. He was indeed a fine gentleman. Too bad later on he defaulted on his loan and lost the beautiful estate that would become one of history's greatest landmarks. 



I was in love, as much as a man could be in love, to this beautiful lady who was awaiting me back on the shore of South Carolina, which was also my home. She was patient, that lady waited on me like no other one probably would have or should have. I was a soldier, most of all. Duty, country, and God first of all, but that lady was more than most of those things to me. It might be a sin but I cannot help myself. Not only was she pretty she supported me and everything that I did. She waited a very long time. My letters to her got more slack by each passing day. Days turned into weeks, weeks turn into months and most of the time she still had not heard from me. I had a good reason for that. The war was slowing down and I was due to return home to her. That lady loved me and everybody knew that. She was waiting for me and looking, watching, every single day for me to return hoping to see me coming on the horizon. 

Problem was there was a huge storm coming. Her family begged her to come inside and pack her things. They was a-leaving for safer ground. She wouldn't because she was looking for me on the horizon, and she was right. I was coming soon. Her family did everything they could to get her in to pack or just to get her in the wagon to leave but they failed. She was still looking.

My friend didn't have to but the packed up our things. We were heading home even though it would be dark when we got there. I had to see my lady. I was going to marry her as soon as I got home. I wanted to make haste so we set out on the long journey from Richmond, Virginia back to the South Carolina shore. 

We rode hard. We finally made it back to South Carolina and that's when we saw the storm coming. There was a creek ahead. I didn't know it then but it had turned to pluff mud. They was swampland nearby and things could get messy real quick, especially at high tide. That ocean was beautiful but it can mess up some things if you didn't know how to live with it. You had to become its friend. 

We were running hard and didn't really see that Creek up ahead. Its banks were deep, making that pluff mud deep, too. That pluff mud was almost like quicksand. Some thought it was quicksand. My horse stumbled as his hoves sank into that mud. He threw me over almost head first, I really couldn't tell. All I knew was I was hitting that mud hard and fast and the next thing that I knew I was sinking in it, drowning. 

My friend got off his horse and threw me his bridal, hoping upon hope to save me. He was a good friend, that man, but the maneuver did not work. I didn't get to see my love again. I died close to where she was standing there looking for me to return. 


Ghostly T.V. that tells of The Gray Man of Pawleys Island, South Carolina specifically:

The Gray Man of Pawleys Island was also featured on a Halloween episode of Unsolved Mysteries - Season 3, Episode7, or watch it here:



And also from Haunted Hurricane Island - American Super/Natural Season 1, Episode 2 (The Weather Channel) or watch the episode below:










Photo evidence:
About one of the photos below, the spirit on the pier, I do not believe that this is a photo of the Gray Man for several reasons. One, it looks like an apparition of a lady to me, and two, there was not hurricane or storm.


During Hurricane Florence:
Vacationing couple photographs supposed 'Grey Man' ghost on SC beach (My opinion of this ghostly photo is that it isn't the gray man - I explain above.)


Screenshot of Video above during Hurricane Florence:


Before Hurricane Ian:




Before Hurricane Florence in 2018, the locals take to Twitter:


 


Folks in Pawleys Island say they’ve already seen the “Gray Man” warning them of a storm’s impending arrival. That legend has way too much accuracy for me to play games.


Before Hurricane Ian

 



Links to articles about the Gray Man:

The Gray Man Is A South Carolina Ghost Said To Warn Locals Before Hurricanes (Southernliving)

Haunted History: The Gray Man of Pawleys Island

The Grand Strand’s Legend Of The Gray Man Turned 200! (Newscast before Hurricane Ian hit the SC coast)

South of Spooky: The Gray Man of Pawleys Island  (South Carolina Public Radio)

As Hurricane Florence approaches the East Coast, 'the Gray Man' warns Pawleys Island

THE GHOSTS OF GEORGETOWN (NO, NOT THAT GEORGETOWN)

Legendary 'Gray Man ghost sends Hurricane Florence WARNING' in spine-chilling clip



Hurricane Paths that The Gray Man Warned About:

Hurricane Hazel

Hurricane Matthew

Hurricane Florence

Hurricane Hugo

Hurricane Ian (multiple links):

Hurricane Ian's Path of Destruction (NOAA)

Hurricane Ian's Path (Zoom Earth)

Select The Storm Name to see its path on USA Today's Storm Tracker

Footnote:

The Gray Man of Pawleys Island, SC isn't the only "gray man" around. North Carolina also has a "Gray Man": The Grey Man of Hatteras, not to be confused with our own Gray Man of Pawleys Island! He is also known by The Gray Man of the Outer Banks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Spiritual Nature of Things and The Antichrist

Harvard Professor Says Alien Technology Crashed In The Pacific Ocean